Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2 days, still alive.

Well, I'm finally here and settled. After a journey that felt like a week, I am unpacked, somewhat oriented, and have had my first class. The city of Marburg is really beautiful! The journey here was chaotic and tiring, but it could have been much worse. I don't think I would have made it without Ben and Megan!
I'm learning German with students from Argentina, Syria, China, Japan, Iran, and a country in Africa, so it's really interesting to hear all the different accents. And not many of them understand English, so I can only communicate in German.

The weather is not much different than it was at home, actually; there's no snow at all and it's damp, cold and incredibly windy. But the view from my window really makes up for it! I'll be able to post some pictures once I have Internet in my room.

The first day after unpacking we all went to a grocery store. And I bought some wine. Welcome to Germany. :D

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment