Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friday Night's Alright?

I'm sitting at the desk in my room. The rain has finally let up, and the sun is peeking through the clouds. It's not that particularly rare, but the small reprieves from seemingly constant rain are just wonderful. The weather here is even more unpredictable and volatile than Wisconsin!

My desk is fairly a disaster. I haven't spend much time in my room except to sleep, since I have class daily from 9 to 1 and always seem to find something to do in the city until bedtime. I'm sure I'll get around to organizing it one of these days, but the days here are incredibly short: the sun isn't truly risen until we're at the bus stop at 8:30, and by 5:00 the sky is pitch black. However, waking up to this view seems to make up for it:



Yes, that is a castle! And the KV has nothing on these hills.

Last night the Americans had our first Friday night in Germany. The only problem with going out to Oberstadt (a really old part of town built on a hill with cobblestone streets) is that the drinks can get expensive, but we thought ahead and started the night in Britta's room with some wine. But then, of course...


                                                            Licher, my first German beer!

And after that we made the rounds to a few different bars, had a few Döners (a Turkish sandwich thing loved by the Germans), but we all made it back home by around midnight. What a great night.

Britta models proper Döner handling technique.

                                 
And we have five month's worth of weekends to go. :)

3 comments:

  1. THAT'S your view?!?! I'm so jealous! I had a tree, and a parking lot, and some suburb houses. I'm glad you're having fun =) The Oberstadt is awesome (have you been to the gummy bear store yet?) - but just wait till you start travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love the caption under my picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog. I'm Britta's vati and found your blog via hers. I know you're both very busy with limited time to write posts, so I'm thinking that I can keep up to date by following both of you!

    Also, I like your writing style, so I'd probably follow you for that reason even if you weren't posting things about Britta! ;)

    ReplyDelete